The CDC Division of TB Elimination and the Southeastern National Tuberculosis Center offer additional TB patient education materials in Dari and Pashto, the two primary languages spoken in Afghanistan. These resources may be helpful as part of TB screening and follow-up of arrivals from Afghanistan as part of Operation Allies Welcome. The resources are available free of charge and can be downloaded online.
From the CDC Division of TB Elimination:
- Questions and Answers about Tuberculosis booklet (Dari)
- Questions and Answers about Tuberculosis booklet (Pashto)
- TB – General Information fact sheet (Dari)
- TB – General Information (Pashto)
From the Southeastern National Tuberculosis Center:
- You Can Prevent Tuberculosis: A Patient Educational Handout (Dari)
- You Can Prevent Tuberculosis: A Patient Educational Handout (Pashto)
The TB Centers of Excellence for Training, Education, and Medical Consultation (TB COEs) also provide expert medical consultation. For more information about the TB COEs and their areas of coverage, please visit the CDC website.